Benefits of Air Excavation
Advantages of Excavating with AirSpade
Air excavation has become a preferred method for digging on many jobs ranging from utility work to advanced tree care. Excavating with the AirSpade offers a number of advantages over conventional tools such as picks, shovels, and backhoes, including:
- Two to three times faster than hand excavation.
- Less worker fatigue than a pick or shovel.
- Eliminates sharp metal edges as featured on picks, digging blades, or buckets.
- Harmless to buried, solid objects such as utility lines, telecommunication cables, tree roots, hazardous waste containers, or military ordnance.
- Excavates some rocky soils where a shovel is difficult to use.
- Breaks soil into small particles that are ideal for re-compaction.
- Powered by common, tow-behind air compressors.
Pairing AirSpade with AirVac
Pairing AirSpade with a portable vacuum unit, such as AirVac, offers further significant performance advantages such as:
- Soil is dislodged and driven airborne by AirSpade, then vacuumed directly into the AirVac container.
- Non-contact, non-striking digging methodology will not harm sensitive underground objects or infrastructure.
- Ideal for small diameter, deep excavation (potholing) where a hand shovel or backhoe bucket cannot fit or reach.
- AirVac features high-head performance that is particularly effective with heavy sludge and liquids.
LEARN MORE ABOUT AIRSPADE
Supersonic nozzle turns compressed air into a high-speed, laser-like jet...
All AirSpade nozzles are designed to operate optimally at 90 psi...
AirSpade is effective in virtually all soils and even hard clays...
Although hundreds of different types of soils exist...